Daffodil danger!

Gardener’s World presenter Monty Don said this week that if you’re still planning to plant Spring bulbs, this weekend is really your last planting opportunity. But avoid four-pawed helpers! Did you know that many Spring bulbs are poisonous to dogs? And that if ingested, symptoms can include vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain?

5 month old black labradors Daisy and Lily were having a great time in the garden earlier this week playing in the compost. When their owner planted her daffodil bulbs and then covered them with the compost, the dogs turned their attention to the daffodil beds – and the bulbs!

Daffodil bulbs are poisonous. Thanks to their owner’s quick action, we were able to make poor Daisy and Lily sick to remove any toxic matter. Here they are in practice after treatment!

If you suspect your pet has eaten anything toxic, please do contact us immediately – speed can make all the difference!

Categories: News
Published: 10, Jan, 2020