Dogs and chocolate don’t mix . . .


This is poor Bella looking a little bit sheepish having eaten a chocolate advent calendar and several boxes of Thorntons chocolates. Her owner rushed her in and we induced vomiting as chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine which is toxic to dogs: it mostly affects the heart, the central nervous system and the kidneys and can be fatal. Bella is absolutely fine now, but her story is a reminder that dogs can sniff out even the best of hiding places. So do keep chocolates out of reach!

Categories: News
Published: 20, Nov, 2015