This is very cute 4 month old Jack Russell puppy Ozzy who came to see us after stealing a 200mg ibuprofen tablet. Ibuprofen is extremely toxic to dogs and can cause irreversible kidney failure. Fortunately Ozzy’s owners saw what had happened and brought him straight to 387 Vets. We gave him an emetic to make Ozzy immediately sick, and then kept him in overnight to administer gut protectants as well as IV fluids to flush the toxins through his system. Ozzy was right as rain when he went home yesterday and had a few goodbye licks for the nurses too!

Categories: News
Published: 5, Jan, 2013