Watch out for inquisitive noses!

At this time of year, when there are lots more human treats around the house, this is just a reminder to make sure you keep them well away from inquisitive pet noses! Poor Dec and Teddy are just two of the dogs we’ve seen this month who have eaten things they shouldn’t, Dec a whole box of Thornton’s chocolates and Teddy, a lot of chocolate raisins. Theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs and can cause seizures, vomiting, diarrhoea, restlessness and rapid breathing, and the higher the cocoa content, the less your dog has to eat to become poorly. Ingestion of grapes or raisins in any quantity can cause kidney failure.

If you’re worried your pet may have eaten something they shouldn’t, please do call us for advice. Speed is of the essence. Dec and Teddy’s owners took quick action, and after we made the dogs sick in practice to remove the toxins from the body, we’re pleased to report they were right as rain again. The poor pups look very sorry for themselves in these photos!

Categories: News
Published: 16, Dec, 2020